3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2010 3:22 PM by philmodjunk

Change Database Name

DanaSadowski

Title

Change Database Name

I'm very new to Filemaker.  If I want to use one of the templates, such as Invoices, once I download it, is it possible to change the name from invoices to something else that will pertain to my company?

• 1. Re: Change Database Name
          philmodjunk

Yes, you can change the name of the file just like you would a file created by say, Microsoft Word.

• 2. Re: Change Database Name
            DanaSadowski

Thank you.  I am going thru the training manual and disc and i really like one of the company files they use for the tutorial, the layouts, functions, etc.  I did a save a copy as and changed it to my company name, but when i open that file, it still says Bonsai Gardens so they probably have it locked or something.  Figured I could just delete all the records and add my stuff.  Thanks again for your help.  I will probably be on the forum again with other questions.

• 3. Re: Change Database Name
              philmodjunk

The name of the file and the data inside it are two different things. Changing the file name is very unlikely to have any affect on the data stored in it or any text that might be entered as part of the basic layout design.