AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change Interface to pre-version 10?

Question asked by macsavers on Sep 5, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2009 by TSGal

Title

Change Interface to pre-version 10?

I know this sounds pretty odd. Filemaker has made a huge investment in marketing their new interface.

While I'm sure it's real nice, it causes productivity issues for people who were used to the old interface and don't want the new one. Personally, I can adapt, it's not that big of an issue. However, I have some clients that are very set in their ways and don't even want to upgrade to version 10 if they can't keep their current interface.

So, is there a way to change the interface back to a pre-version 10 style? Without having to rebuild it?

I've searched the trial and have not found anything that allows me to switch it back. If there isn't an option for that, I would consider that a pretty big oversight. And if there's no way to bring it back, then I have a client that's willing to live with the printing issues of 8.5 in MacOS X than upgrade to 10 due to the interface.

I know... very weird, but that's my reality. They are stubborn and are set in their ways. Telling them it's stupid or not in their best interests just makes them want to dig in harder, so solutions instead of comments that get me no where would be appreciated. 

Outcomes