2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2014 1:11 AM by PeterMontague

Change order of finds in a script

PeterMontague

Title

Change order of finds in a script

I have scripted for a find using omit. Sometimes I want to change the order of the finds e.g when I want to find instead of omit. I'm only able to add a find request to the bottom of the list. Is there a way to rearrange the find requests in the scripted find dialogue box?

Also when I try to edit a find I don't seem to be able to edit the find without deleting it and starting again. When I press the edit find button no previously entered find criteria show up. 

• 1. Re: Change order of finds in a script
          philmodjunk

Others have posted feature requests for such a capability. I will point out, however, that if you use the scripted finds that enter find mode and use Set Field to specify the find criteria, you both avoid this issue and also have a scripted find that is easier to work with if you return to such a script and need to modify it after some time has passed. See this thread for examples: Scripted Find Examples

Also when I try to edit a find I...

I would guess that you are using a Mac with OS 10.10 as this is a recently reported issue with that version of the Mac OS. Try scrolling the window next time this happens. It appears that a number of dialogs will appear with the contents scrolled up to the point that they are not visible or not fully visible when the dialog first opens when using a machine with this OS version.

• 2. Re: Change order of finds in a script
            PeterMontague

I am using Mac OS 10.10. That was very helpful Phil, thanks.