6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 3, 2013 6:08 PM by pauhana658

Change password for FileMaker Forum?

pauhana658

Title

Change password for FileMaker Forum?

Going round and round in circles trying to change the password and email address for the FileMaker Forum. I click "Edit Account" and it shows me the ID and email address, but I see no way of changing them. I see no entry for a password at all. 

Is it possible to change these account items? If so, how?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Change password for FileMaker Forum?
          philmodjunk

I agree that it's frustrating and no, you can't change this info from the Edit Account screen. If I remember correctly, you have to totally exit the forum and do it from the web page where you enter an account name and password to enter the forum in the first place.

• 2. Re: Change password for FileMaker Forum?
            pauhana658

You remember correctly. Instead of logging in, I just clicked the "forgot password" thing, which took me to a page that asked for my account email address. I submitted it, but didn't receive the promised email. Tried again. And again. And again. Nothing. Then tried every other email address I have. Nothing. Guess I'll have to ask "Support."

But thanks for the tip, anyway. Probably works for most people. Just not me (grrr!).

• 3. Re: Change password for FileMaker Forum?
              TSGal

pauhana658:

Thank you for your posts.

The sending of emails appears to be working properly.  Please check your spam filter to see if the email was sent.  If you still have difficulty, please let me know.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Change password for FileMaker Forum?
                pauhana658

Hi, TSGal! Thanks for the reply. However, I currently don't have any spam filters in place; spam is simply placed in my Junk folder for me to examine later. I receive very little spam, and none of it has been associated with FileMaker. I am receiving the FileMaker Forum's postings, such as those above from you and PhilModJunk, and they arrive in my inbox, not the junk folder. Very strange. Any ideas?

Thanks!

• 5. Re: Change password for FileMaker Forum?
                  TSGal

pauhana658:

I just tried it out, and it works fine.  I had the administrator look up your email address, and the information has been sent to you.  You should receive it shortly.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Change password for FileMaker Forum?
                    pauhana658

Hello!

YES! I received two emails from support, including one with a link to reset my login info. The linked page looked just the like one I'd seen before, but this time, when I entered my email address, I received an almost instant email reply with another link that allowed me to reset my password. I have no idea why I wasn't receiving the first email reply, but all is copacetic now. Thanks to all!