3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2016 3:29 PM by justinc

Change the Appearance of the Drop Down Arrows and Popup Arrows

ABuchtel

Title

Change the Appearance of the Drop Down Arrows and Popup Arrows

Hi. The theme I'm using uses one style of formatting for Drop Down Menu Arrows and another for Popup Menu Arrows. I've looked through the Formatting Panel and I can't seem to find what controls the appearance of those arrows. Is it possible at all to format the arrows? Are are they hard-coded into the chosen theme? Thank you!

• 1. Re: Change the Appearance of the Drop Down Arrows and Popup Arrows
          philmodjunk

I wouldn't be surprised to find that they can't be changed.

What end result, exactly, are you trying to produce? It may be possible to put a graphic object with your desired arrow on top of the field or even put a "no browse mode access" copy of the field with one of the two formats on top of the other with the other value list format so that it looks like a pop up menu but is actually a drop down list or vice versa.

These aren't exactly pretty solutions, but they might work.

• 2. Re: Change the Appearance of the Drop Down Arrows and Popup Arrows
            ABuchtel

For my tastes, the background color of the "rectangle" where the drop down arrow appears is too dark, so I wanted to choose a lighter color. Definitely not a deal-breaker. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing a control somewhere that gave me that flexibility. Thanks!

• 3. Re: Change the Appearance of the Drop Down Arrows and Popup Arrows
              justinc

Going back a ways to this thread, but I was looking for something similar recently.  For your issue, ABucthel, I believe that you can now do this in FMP 14.

Pick the field you want to style

Choose Appearance in the Inspector

Change the box where it says 'Pop-up menu' to 'Pop-up menu button'

This will let you style the background color at least.  You can style the icon color by setting it to 'Pop-up icon'.

However, you still change seem to directly change the icon itself (e.g. size, shape), nor even just select to show/hide the icon (like you can for a drop-down menu).