AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change width of a field on a print layout depending on whether the adjacent portal is empty

Question asked by jbrodgersky on Apr 15, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 19, 2010 by Mystick

Title

Change width of a field on a print layout depending on whether the adjacent portal is empty

I have an exam question database in which some questions have associated images. The images are in container fields in a portal (because there may be several images associated with a question). But some questions do not have images. I need to have the text field containing the question (on the left side of the page) be either narrow (if there's an image in the portal on the right), or the full width of the page (if the image portal is empty). It seems logical that the Format/Set Sliding and Printing menu should enable me to do this, but I haven't had any luck so far. Or, it seems logical that FileMaker should have a formula I could combine with an If statement to set the width of the question field at one of two widths. But I can't find one as yet. Can anybody advise?

The databases are hosted on just one computer, and I don't use IWP. I also don't use Web Viewer fields because they don't work in portals.

Outcomes