2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2011 12:07 PM by DonWest

Changing default setting for "delete" button...and how to remove duplicate entries?

DonWest

Title

Changing default setting for "delete" button...and how to remove duplicate entries?

Two questions here, both relating to FM Pro Adv 11 for Windows.

When I delete a record the default setting on the confirmation button is "cancel." I recall a minor hack in an early version of FM Pro for Mac in which I was able to change it to "delete," which suits my needs better. Can that be done in FMP 11? I recently had a number of  files to go through and weed out certain entries.

At the same time I was also weeding out duplicate entries on a series of service order requests. These requests cover a number of dates, and until an order is closed may appear on multiple dates, despite being identical entries. In a monthly report I needed to prepare I was looking for a simple way to eliminate the exact duplicate entries while keeping one valid entry. I seem to recall doing something like this years ago with the Mac version, but don't remember any specifics; plus FMP has advanced so much over the years....is there a nice trick to deleting the duplicates quickly and efficiently?

TIA