2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 7, 2013 9:11 PM by doct

Chart editing/formating

AlbertPujol

Title

Chart editing/formating

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to create a chart to show what it would be an Audiogram chart.

I get the values form several numeric fields and display them in a chart but I haven't managed to:

- Invert the order of the Y axis. 

- Edit the graphic so it shows the grid line.

Is there a way to manipulate charts other than the chart assistant? I feel it is quite limited.

Thanks for the help.

• 1. Re: Chart editing/formating
          philmodjunk

Charts in FileMaker are quite limited. They were a new feature released with version 11 and there's a lot of room for improvement. To do what you want, if it can be done, will require a third party charting tool at this time.

• 2. Re: Chart editing/formating
            doct

What I did:  

multiply each hearing value by -1 and separate by paragraph mark (this makes numbers go down instead of up -- calculation field:  Aud_L500 * -1 & ¶ & Aud_L1000 * -1 & ¶ & Aud_L2000 * -1 & ¶ & Aud_L3000 * -1, etc)  );

mark each Y axis: set minimum -100, set maximum 0, show major ticks: 10; X axis are the Hrtz values (500, 1000, 2000, 3000, etc); 

This will put a negative sign in front of each dB value but the graph appearance is correct. 

Best I could do.

What I can't do is get the R side line Red and L side line blue.