1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 24, 2015 3:59 PM by philmodjunk

Chart Layouts to display based on Year?

BrentPowers

Title

Chart Layouts to display based on Year?

Have a questionnaire set up in which we are tracking change over time of our members.  Answers are inputted through layout::Quality of Life Questionnaire.  Each year's questionnaire is located on its own tab (within the QOLQ layout) and each has its own Survey_ID while all four years (tabs) have a Member_ID.  All answers are stored in their respective layouts/tables based on the section of the questionnaire (Statistics, Questions, and Activities).  All tables are related based on the Member_ID.

Now I have chart layouts saved and they work amazing, but they are pulling from all inputted data where I would love to look at a slice of that data by year.

I thank you in advance for any assistance y'all can provide.  This community has always been helpful and supportive, even for those of us who fumble around in the dark.

• 1. Re: Chart Layouts to display based on Year?
          philmodjunk

The exact structure of your data is not clear as you don't always distinguish between the design of a layout and the design of its underlying table. The fact that you have different years on different tabs of a layout doesn't tell us if how that data is stored in your table(s).

There are two basic ways to limit a chart to data from a specified year: Perform a find for all records for a specified year. Use a relationship to match only to records from a specified year.

And there are more sophisticated options with delimited data produced by ExecuteSQL such that you can chart different data series, each for a different year on the same chart.

But all of these options start with that data model that is not yet fully described.