AnsweredAssumed Answered

Chart on Layout based on Related Records

Question asked by themactech. on Jan 9, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 by themactech.

Title

Chart on Layout based on Related Records

I had it working for a short bit and then it went wonky.. ugh

I have a layout called Manufacturing and each record has a handful of related Tasks. As users complete the Tasks they are marked as DONE. On the Manufacturing table I have a portal that shows the related tasks and they can see which ones are marked complete. But i was thinking of putting some sort of "progress bar" on the layout. So i started working with a chart. And I had it working but i broke something and now I'm all confused.

On the chart I had it set up to see one stacked bar. that shows.. complete vs incomplete tasks. Check the attached image. I don't need to see the legend of axis titles, etc. I made it very plain just so you can get a quick reference of how many tasks are finished vs how many more to go.

I was using related summary fields and count fields.. but like I said it took a dump. What I'm looking for is the best way to show a count of completed and uncompleted related tasks for each manufacturing record that I can use on that layout.

ultimately I'd like to have this viewable on a Dashboard.. but first things first.

thanks

Clay

Screenshot_2015-01-09_12.14.27.png

Outcomes