3 Replies Latest reply on May 13, 2010 12:10 PM by raybaudi

Chart Question

Wimmachine

Title

Chart Question

I have a container field with a chart in it, and I am wondering if there's any way to make this chart dynamic?  As you may know, when you double-click on the chart in browse mode, you get an excel-style datasheet that pops up where you can enter values for the series. However these are static values and I want them to be values from fields in my database instead. Is this possible? I am talking about charts in a container field here, not the charts feature added in FMP11.

I have some more questions possibly, depending on what the answer to this one is ;)  Thanks!

• 1. Re: Chart Question
          raybaudi

Wimmachine wrote:

As you may know, when you double-click on the chart in browse mode, you get an excel-style datasheet that pops up where you can enter values for the series.

Can you be more specific... wich type of file have you inserted into the container ?

• 2. Re: Chart Question
            Wimmachine

It appears to be a "Microsoft Graph Chart" object.  I inherited this database and am working on improving its overall functionality. I'm sure it could be changed to an Excel Chart object, but the root of my question remains:  can the values in these charts be pulled from fields within my database, or am I stuck entering the data manually into every chart?

• 3. Re: Chart Question
              raybaudi

Get rid of those OLE objects !

They works only on Windows and you really do not need them: you have FMP 9 and could use the Web Viewer to work with charts.