3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2011 11:58 AM by philmodjunk

Chart Question

user14040

Title

Chart Question

Hi

Below is a chart i am working on, the chart has departments and number of pieces washed.  I want to list the department and the number of total pieces for each department.  

Right now the two brown bars list the same department, I need to list only the number of departments I have, in this case 7 and give the total of pieces for each department, can this be done.

chart

• 1. Re: Chart Question
          philmodjunk

What chart options have you selected?

How is your data structured in the table being charted?

Is each bar supposed to represent a different group of records belonging to a specified department with the charted total the value computed in a summary field?

• 2. Re: Chart Question
            user14040

Chart Option

Horizontal X Axis:  Department::Department

Vertical Y Axis: Glassware::Pieces + Glassware::Pipets

Use Data From: Current Found Set

I am using two tables

Glassware and Department

Department list the Department

Glassware list customer information including Glassware pieces washed.

[Is each bar supposed to represent a different group of records belonging to a specified department with the charted total the value computed in a summary field?]

I have one summary field which is total pieces in the glassware table.

• 3. Re: Chart Question
              philmodjunk

Assuming that the layout is based on the Glassware table,

You can select the "Show data for groups of records when sorted" option and specify a summary field that is the total of a calculation field defined as Glassware::Pieces + Glassware::Pipets for your Y axis.

Then make sure that your found set contains the records you want for your chart and that they are sorted by Department.

This can also be done from a layout based on Department using the Sum function instead of a summary field to produce the needed Y-Axis value. (different chart options would be specified for this.)