1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 29, 2015 8:55 AM by philmodjunk

Chart question - multiple Y series for years shown by month

Stu412

Title

Chart question - multiple Y series for years shown by month

Hi there

Trying to get this right.  I have a simple data table set up which shows values, months and years:

Month | Year | Value

Jan     | 2014 | 10000

Feb     | 2014 | 8000

Mar     | 2014 | 9500

Jan     | 2015 | 11000

Feb    | 2015  | 12500

Mar    | 2015  | 11250

What I'd like to be able to do is have values on the Y axis (this is straighforward), values for months as data points on the X axis (I've managed to get this) and two lines to show 2014 and 2015 values in each respective month so that you can get a year by year, month by month comparison.

I'm not sure which calculation should be used on a sorted table to tell FM that the first Y series should display Jan, Feb and Mar for 2014 and the second Y series should be for 2015.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Chart question - multiple Y series for years shown by month
          philmodjunk

You can either use a delimitted data option with ExecuteSQL calculations in your Y-Series settings (each can use a different WHERE clause to produce a return separated list of values for a specific year)

or you set up calculation fields that return the value of the value field if the year is a specific year and nothing if it is not:

If ( Year = 2015 ; value )

Then refer to these calculation fields (you'll need one for each year) as your Y-series data