AnsweredAssumed Answered

Charting evolution of a scale score vs time

Question asked by grouper on Jul 17, 2015
Latest reply on Jul 17, 2015 by grouper

Title

Charting evolution of a scale score vs time

Hi all

My db is used for monitoring patient parameters and outcomes. The basic structure is :

- Parent table with patient name, address, contact details, etc

- Child table, with appointment dates for each patient and also the severity of patients' disease according to rating scales (for some appointments corresponds a score for a scale, since they are not performed every time)

I have already created a line chart trying to depict the evolution of the scores (Y-axis) vs time (X-axis). I 've modified the X-axis according to a calculation, so that it shows MM/YY. But it doesn't work nice. First of all, the time axis is not depicted intuitively. It is separated into equal segments, each one corresponding to the appointment date. So if the first appointment was 10 months ago, the second 2 months ago and the 3rd 1 month ago, all these dates appear as if they are distanced equally. The second problem is that if 2 appointments happen in the same month, the charts shows 2 different points in the X-axis with the same date.

I 'm trying to make the time axis correspond to a real time line, and maybe cut down the precision into weeks (or days if possible). In order to achieve this, I should have to set limits for the X-axis, say about 1 month before the first appointment of that very patient (so that the 1st point in the chart is not right on the edge) up to the last appointment (plus 1 more month forward into the future for the same reason). It would be desirable, if via a button or some other option, the user had the option of defining the timelimits of the X-axis.All this is supposed to be a line chart.

Is there a way to do this in FM pro?

I 've search the forums and found only one similar question, the answer to which was to create a dummy table with dates and link it. Could it achieve what I 'm after?

thanks

Outcomes