AnsweredAssumed Answered

Charting monthly sales by year from same field

Question asked by Emmanuel on Sep 19, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2012 by johnhorner

Title

Charting monthly sales by year from same field

To whom it may interest!

I am experiencing a hard time trying to chart monthly sales (x-axis) by year ( y-axis: 1 line per year x 4 years). All the data is from "invoice details" file which is a direct export from the accounting system (I mention it since I would expect it to eventually generate the same report automatically in a folder and create a daily-updated analysis). Anyways, the file namely includes:

•           Invoice No
  •      
  •           Invoice Date
  •      
  •           Item No
  •      
  •           Qty
  •      
  •           Unit Price
  •      
  •           Customer No

Also, I have another file, "customer list", which includes:

•           Customer No
  •      
  •           City
  •      
  •           State
  •      
  •           Country

To be more precise, I would like to create 3 checklists of options that would establish the  analysis parameters:

•           Choosing either "unit" or "sales"
  •      
  •           Choose from either "all products", "product line" or "a specific product"
  •      
  •           Choose the geographics based "all country",  "specific country", then related "states" and finally "city"

That is the whole plan. However, I can not even manage to have simply all the sales, by month with year comparaison.

I have been looking around and I found an "array charting" that has an monstruous script that I would not be able to copy and rearrange. Then, I got on the self-join concept, but there again, I get lost in the extra-fielding and relationshiping. Can someone help out?

Best regards,

Outcomes