AnsweredAssumed Answered

charting moving average and moving standard error of the mean

Question asked by KlausShuler on Jul 15, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 15, 2013 by KlausShuler

Title

charting moving average and moving standard error of the mean

HI-

I am new to Filemaker Pro and am trying to set up a dashboard of sorts for physicial satisfaction socres, among other things.  One thing I would liek to do would be to set up a graph of the average of all cumulative results on the y axis and the date n the x-axis.  On top of that I would like to calculate a moving stanard error of the mean (standard deviation divided by the squar root of the cumulative number of samples).

The graph below is a simple example made in Excel, where thi is easy to do.  The top line is the top 95th% confidence interval, the middle is the mean, and the bottom is the lower 95th% confidence interval.

I have about 20 physicians and would like to be able to track this individually from monthly satisfaction scores for a dashboard for each physician.

Does anybody have any idea how this might be done?  My satisfaction database has the names linked to a demographics table, then several different indicators of patient satisfaction, as we get several kinds of data.  It is only the monthly patient satisfaction that I would like to trend in this way.  

aaaaaa.jpg

Outcomes