3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2013 11:58 AM by AnneC

Charts - axis parameters

AnneC

Title

Charts - axis parameters

Hi again...sheepish to be asking for help again, but learning is the best!!

I've got a database for patient records. Each patient has several visits (baseline, follow-up1, 2 and so on)

I'm trying to build a chart to reflect the patient's weight progression per visit. Ie, the x axis is the visit (5 in all) and the y axis is the weight in pounds. However, the problem I'm having is that there only seems to be one field available to input on the x axis. I'm trying to have all the dates arranged on the bottom for visit 1, 2, etc with the bars going upward to reflect the weight of the patient. Hope I'm explaining this clearly...I know there's a (change axis option) way around it (although not sure how this works), but I want the visit dates at the bottom and the weight amt at the left....can anyone puleeeeez shed some light on this?

THANKS in advance, FM friends!

• 1. Re: Charts - axis parameters
          Sorbsbuster

These 5 weights - are they 5 fields on the patient's record, or are they recorded in a related table, so there are 5 (maybe more, maybe less) records of weights for the patient?

• 2. Re: Charts - axis parameters
            philmodjunk

Your x-axis can chart values from one field from a set of records--five records, 6 records-20 records however many you pull up in a found set. But only if you have one record for each found set.

• 3. Re: Charts - axis parameters
              AnneC

the weights are 5 separtate fields (weight baseline, weight follow up visit 1, etc). The visits are dates - baseline visit, follow up 1 visit and each a separate field too.

I want the chart to have the dates along the bottom with the stacks above representing the weights on each visit. Seems like a  pretty straightforward thing, but I can't figure it out...any input is appreciated!