1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2013 10:51 AM by philmodjunk

Check box and Radio button to equal a value script

BrianFirkins

Title

Check box and Radio button to equal a value script

Hope everyone is doing well...

Ok I am looking for a script for a check box or radio button to equal a value.. EXP. We do custom paint or standard paint jobs for Forklifts.

the question for the salesmen is this... " is this forklift getting a standard or Custom paint job?" followed by Radio buttons, One is (standard) the Other (Custom). I want to add a Text box to display a Defalt amount if they Choose the Standard Button. the same thing for a checkbox as well...

Please let me know.. 

• 1. Re: Check box and Radio button to equal a value script
          philmodjunk

With radio buttons or a single check box (NOT multiple checkboxes) this will be fairly straight forward.

Set up  a related table with one record for each radio button value or your single checkbox value.

Category               Value

Standard               (Standard charge amount here)

Then link your tables by the radio button field:

YourCurrentTable::RadioButtonField = LookUpTable::Category

Then a looked up value auto enter field option will copy teh value from this table when "standard" is selected in the radio button field. If the user clicks "custom" no value is looked up unless you also add a record to the lookup table with "Custom" in the category field (but presumably, custom jobs have different amounts for each job.)