AnsweredAssumed Answered

Check boxes down and then across

Question asked by gldiaz on Sep 4, 2013
Latest reply on Sep 4, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Check boxes down and then across

Hi All,

I am unsure how to lay this out and help would be appreciated.

I would like to have a column of descriptions down, and values to the right.

In this case it is to describe possible employees.  The info needed is to describe
     an employee's moods. ( For example).  I have only () rows noted, but could use more.

Can any one help?
     Here is a sampling of a list of attitudes a possible employee may have. I need to calculate
     the values. LIKE, if I Check any or all of the descriptors, I get added info. Please read on.

If an employee is

[    ]   Happy

[    ]   Complacent

[    ]   Introverted

[    ]  Extrovert

AND, if any of the above boxes are check, a second level of valued boxes would appear next to the one checked, i.e.

[ x  ]    Happy    [    ] 5        [     ]  4     [  x  ]  3     [    ] 2      [   ]   1           Total  =   3   (only 1 valued is selected) and placed as a total of the choice level of HAPPY.
     So, if Happy is checked, the Values in the Happy row would appear and a Value level and totaled as selected.

This action will repeat for the the other categories,  Complacent, Introverted, Extrovert.
     The right side values would only appear if the LEFT hand column are selected and then to give a Total.

At the end of each row, is the totals with the final grand totals to sum each line checked and totalled.

It might look like this:                                                           TOTALS

[ x]  Happy               [   ]5    [   ]4   [x  ]3    [   ]2   [  ]1               3

[ x]  Complacent      [   ]5     [ x ]4  [   ]3   [   ] 2    [  ]1               4

[ x]  Introverted        [   ]5     [  ]4   [  ] 3   [  ] 2      [x ]1              1

[   ]  Extrovert          [    ]5    [   ] 4  [   ]3   [  ]2       [  ]1               0

(3) Selected                                                       Grand Total   8

The Categories will then be used for graphs and statis.

Is this something do able

Any help would be appreciated.

Tks GD

Outcomes