4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2013 10:40 AM by DranLang

Check if item already exists, if yes add the previous value to the current value.

DranLang

Title

Check if item already exists, if yes add the previous value to the current value.

Good morning everyone!  I've been working on this for 4 days now and I'm stuck.

In my layout is a portal that is linked to another table.  This is the part where I'm stuck, in my portal I have 3 fields to fill in my data.  The first field is a pulldown lists, the second (this contains the quantity of the item) and the third (total quantity) fields are both edit box.  In my first field (dropdownlist) I will choose an item and in my second field I will type a number for the quantity, and the third field will check if the chosen item already exist and if YES it will ADD the current number of item to the previous number of item (quantity).  The portal is designed to only contain 5 records for 1 day, so the following day when I click on the next day button, the portal will be cleared and ready to take in anothe set of records and the third field (will do the same thing, check IF the item already exist and if yes, ADD the number of item to the previous number of item (quantity) even if it was from yesterday.

Thank you, any input/help is deeply appreciated.