1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2012 11:55 AM by JessicaFiorini

Check to see if a task is complete before allowing the creation of a new task

JessicaFiorini

Title

Check to see if a task is complete before allowing the creation of a new task

Hello,

I am working on a task track system in FM Pro 10. There are two phases of production that must be tracked the Initial phase and the Post Acceptance phase. What I would like to do is make sure that all tasks from the inital phase show an accepted/closed status before a task for the post-acceptance phase can be created. I would think that there would have to be some wort of script that said "If task phase is Initial and Task Status is Open than a post-acceptance task cannot be made" except I'm not really sure how to do that... I have two different layouts, one for Initial tasks and one for Post Acceptance tasks. I have it set that when a user chooses a phase, the layout automatically switched. I guess I just want to know how to run the check.

Best,

Jess

1 2 Previous Next