3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2012 9:49 PM by philmodjunk

Checkbox issue

johnw54

Title

Checkbox issue

I'm modifying the Invoice database from the starter solution.  The solution charges tax based on the Product.  I need to charge tax based upon the Customer.  So I modified the Lookup in the taxable field in Invoice Data to look at the taxable field in the Customer table which I added.   Now on the Invoice Detail Layout the taxable checkbox works backwards.  When I add a line item the taxable box is checked which I would expect if I've set the customer up that way but tax is not being charged.  When I uncheck the box then it charges tax.  The field in the Customer table shows a checkbox that is selected and a 0.  In the starter solution Product table it shows the checkbox checked with a 1 next to it.  I am set up just like the image but I am doing the Lookup from Customers table as the related table.

Untitled.jpg

• 1. Re: Checkbox issue
          philmodjunk

Your screen shot still shows the taxable field looking up data from products instead of a table for the customer.

• 2. Re: Checkbox issue
            johnw54

Sorry Phil...  The screenshot is of the Taxable field in the Invoice Data Table from the Invoice Starter Solution.  My Taxable field from the Invoice Data Table is identical to this screenshot except i am doing the lookup in the Customer table from the Taxable field that I added.  I'm wondering if the problem could be in the table joins but it seems pretty straight forward.

• 3. Re: Checkbox issue
              philmodjunk

I don't see any issues with the relationship that would prevent a field in Invoice Data from looking up data from a field in Customers. The key detail is that you have one to many relationships from Customer to Invoices to Invoice data so any given record in Invoice Data should be able to look back to a single related record in customers.