AnsweredAssumed Answered

Checkbox Search / Find

Question asked by FileMakerNovice on Aug 1, 2013
Latest reply on Aug 2, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Checkbox Search / Find

Hey all,

Been wracking my brains on this one and picking through the discussions but couldn't find an answer.  I'm trying to figure out how FileMaker (12) deals with check boxes for searches.  Let me explain my dilemna:

I have a table called Calls.  It is a list of employee id, date and type of call that they took.  Types of calls could be sales, technical, how to, etc.  So, employee #1:  1, 7/30/2013, Sales would be an example of a record.

I would ultimately like to do a search for date range and have a check box for TypeofCalls.  There would also be some calculated metrics but I think I can get some summary fields without a problem.  BUT "Type of Calls" field labels can be variable.  There could be Sales1, Sales2, SalesA, SalesZebra.  So I would like to have a find that populates these through a checkbox.  I have done this by creating a value list.

My major problem is how do I use the check mark set to perform a find.  I have attempted to use a parent table, a global field and a calculated value that uses List() but to no avail.  Should I be creating a script to separate the checked items?

Outcomes