1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 8, 2013 8:31 AM by philmodjunk

Checkbox set

TaylorJansen

Title

Checkbox set & radio button problem

In my Table (People), it has a field (Category) which is set to a checkbox set with values (Teacher, Tutor, Prospect, Staff, Admin)

In another layout i have a field  (Category) also have the values (Teacher, Tutor, Prospect, Staff, Admin) which is set to a radio button. By choosing the radio button, records from Table (People)  are filtred to show in a portal based on People's Category. 

My Problem is If a person has 2 or more Category checked, this record does not show on the portal if the corresponding category is chosen.  Any idea? 

• 1. Re: Checkbox set & radio button problem
          philmodjunk

A check box field stores the values you select in the order that you select them separated by returns. If you click Teacher, staff, prospect and in that order, the filed stores:
               Teacher<return>
               staff<return>
               Prospect

Where a radio button format stores individual values unless you hold down the shift key and then it functions like a checkbox formatted field.

But note that the order in which you click the values changes the way the data is stored in the field.

What method are you using to filter the records? Is this a filtered portal? or are you using some other method?