Did you know there is also a Purchase Orders starter solution?
It might be simpler to set up a validation rule that does allow you to use the same product ID twice in the same portal.
- Open Manage | Database | Fields
- Select the Line Items table in the drop down.
- Create a new text field named: InvoiceIDProductID.
- Click options, then click the auto-enter tab in the field options dialog that appears
- Click the calculation option and enter: Product ID & " " & Invoice ID
- Click OK and clear the "Do not replace existing values..." check box.
- Click the validation tab and select the Unique Values option.
- Click Ok repeatedly to dismiss all the dialogs.
- Now, when you enter a product ID the second time in the portal of the same invoice, you'll get an error mesage telling you that this has happened.
Wow ! Thank you so much. No only did your solution work it was 100 times more elegant than the method that I was attempting. Not to mention the fact that you responded in less than 24 hours. I truly appreciate your help, and I must say that I have been very impressed with the Filemaker program and more importantly the Filemaker community. Thanks again.