AnsweredAssumed Answered

Choose drop down template to autofill portal records

Question asked by ChelsiePierce on Jun 24, 2015
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2015 by ChelsiePierce

Title

Choose drop down template to autofill portal records

Hello,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I'm not sure what terms to search for and what I've searched hasn't come up with anything so far.

Here's what I need:

I have a Workflow (a series of tasks, some based on dates or completion of previous items, each item has an action ex. go to a list, send email, etc.). The Workflow has a specific order.

I have multiple Workflows and I need to apply one, sometimes more than one, to a Job.

I would like to be able to choose a Workflow Template from a drop down and have all the Workflow Items populated below in the correct order and with the corresponding action...and it needs to be a copy, not an updating link (I believe the terms are dynamic vs static?). I would also like to be able to edit the Workflow Items and/or add more after it is copied. 

I've started with 2 tables, Workflow Templates and Workflow Items. My thought was to create the Workflow Items and assign them to a Workflow Template (WorkflowTemplateID)....but I'm pretty much lost after that. I know I can create a Portal of the Workflow Items on the Workflow Template form but it would just pull up the original ones and I need copies that I can edit without disturbing the original items.

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

Chelsie

Outcomes