AnsweredAssumed Answered

Choosing related records?

Question asked by tunesmith on Mar 25, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Choosing related records?

Hi, apologies for the beginner questions.  I am a Bento refugee and I'm trying to mimic some of the basic functionality I was used to in Bento.  This mostly has to do with relationships.  It looks like I have them set up correctly, I'm just trying to figure out some UI stuff.

1) If I am in a layout (call it "Rehearsals") with a Portal that can display many "Recordings", how can I choose multiple recordings?  In other words, I want select 8-10 existing "Recordings" records and associate them with the "Rehearsal" I am viewing.  How can I pull up something like a multi-select chooser?  This is a relationship of many Recordings to one Rehearsal.  Even though the Recordings have recording_id, and the Recordings table has a rehearsal_id, I'd rather select them in a way that is friendlier than going to each Recording record and typing in the numerical rehearsal_id.

2) I'm pretty sure I figured out how to "Go to related record" - I just put a button on the portal row and hooked it up to that script.  After clicking the button, though, is there a way to go "back" to the original record, from that record?

3) In the reverse direction, is there a UI-friendly way to start from the "Recording" record, and pick the one Rehearsal that it is associated with?

4) Corollary of #1, is there an easy way to pull up the list of associated Recordings (from the Recordings portal in the Rehearsals layout) and unassociate one of them?  By de-selecting or something?

5) Finally, is it yet possible to turn on a horizontal scrollbar in Portals so I can display more columns that can fit in the Portal width?

Thanks!

tunesmith

Outcomes