Choosing related records?
Hi, apologies for the beginner questions. I am a Bento refugee and I'm trying to mimic some of the basic functionality I was used to in Bento. This mostly has to do with relationships. It looks like I have them set up correctly, I'm just trying to figure out some UI stuff.
1) If I am in a layout (call it "Rehearsals") with a Portal that can display many "Recordings", how can I choose multiple recordings? In other words, I want select 8-10 existing "Recordings" records and associate them with the "Rehearsal" I am viewing. How can I pull up something like a multi-select chooser? This is a relationship of many Recordings to one Rehearsal. Even though the Recordings have recording_id, and the Recordings table has a rehearsal_id, I'd rather select them in a way that is friendlier than going to each Recording record and typing in the numerical rehearsal_id.
2) I'm pretty sure I figured out how to "Go to related record" - I just put a button on the portal row and hooked it up to that script. After clicking the button, though, is there a way to go "back" to the original record, from that record?
3) In the reverse direction, is there a UI-friendly way to start from the "Recording" record, and pick the one Rehearsal that it is associated with?
4) Corollary of #1, is there an easy way to pull up the list of associated Recordings (from the Recordings portal in the Rehearsals layout) and unassociate one of them? By de-selecting or something?
5) Finally, is it yet possible to turn on a horizontal scrollbar in Portals so I can display more columns that can fit in the Portal width?