AnsweredAssumed Answered

Cleaner method?

Question asked by MichaelPoling on Mar 27, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 28, 2014 by MichaelPoling

Title

Cleaner method?

Hi all, just checking to see if there is a cleaner, easier method to do what I am doing.

I have a form I am reproducing for electronic data collection.  The form has a bunch of varying things on the first page, simple enough.  The second page is a list with 8 variables (some just text box, some are yes/no tick boxes).  These variables are repeated 7 timed under different titles (they are the results of 7 different tests-it just collects the same data types for each test.)

I want to keep it all within a single table.  So far, what I have done is simply create the 8 fields 7 times with different but relevant field names.  Obviously, this is a lot of fields to manual enter, but I did it, no muss, no fuss. 

But for my learning purposes, is there a better way to approach that problem.  I do see where I could have created a linked table and used a portal, but this is going to fit into a larger database with a lot of relationships and links that I shuddered to try to figure out, and then wondered if you could do it all within the single table?

Curious if that's possible.

Mike

Outcomes