3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2009 9:53 AM by comment_1

clear repeating fields 1 through 100

Dajen

Title

clear repeating fields 1 through 100

I am trying to clear repeating fields 1 through 100. I can get the script to clear field 1 or 2 but not 1-100.

• 1. Re: clear repeating fields 1 through 100
          davidhead

You have 100 repeating fields??? Why?

If you have FileMaker Pro 10 and have used some kind of incremental naming convention for the fields, I am sure you could do this with a looping script and the Set Field by Name script command. 

• 2. Re: clear repeating fields 1 through 100
            Dajen
               I have 100 repeating fields because that is the only way I know how to make a time sheet to log our hours on a project. I looked at one of the templates that comes with filemaker and used that as my guide. I will look into the Set Field by Name script command.
            • 3. Re: clear repeating fields 1 through 100
              comment_1

I think you mean 100 repetitions of one field, no? They can be cleared by a looping script such as:

Loop

Set Variable [$i ; $i + 1 ]

Exit Loop If [$i > 100]

Set Field [RepeatingField[$i]; ""]

End Loop

However, the sooner you replace the repeating fields by a portal to a related table (where each individual entry is a separate record), the better. FMI should be ashamed of themselves for providing this template in the first place, and doubly so for still keeping it with version 10.