5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2011 8:44 AM by philmodjunk

ClearContainer field  if another is populated.

JessOttman

Title

ClearContainer field  if another is populated.

Hi all,

I have container fields which are populated via a text field. If the text field contains the value that is against the graphic that graphic is brought up in the field.

So i have two container fields and text fields LEFT FITTING and LEFT FITTING ACCESSORY. when the left fitting text field has

"TL 426 "The required fitting is inserted to the container field. Now if i go to my left fitting accessory field and select "DUST CAP" the graphic comes up but there is a clash and i see two graphics overlapping! The selection of TL 426 is still there.

Is it possible to say if left fitting contains anything but "NONE" clear LEFT FITTING FIELD? then if none was selected in the Left Accessory the Left fitting Graphic would stay.

Appreciate any help

Jess

• 1. Re: ClearContainer field  if another is populated.
          philmodjunk

Please describe how you've set this up in more detail. I can't figure out how this is producing the result you are getting here.

• 2. Re: ClearContainer field  if another is populated.
            JessOttman

Ok well i know how to get a graphic to appear in a field using a common name to link them.Im pretty sure you told mw how to do that last time.

What i have is 2 tables GRAPHICS and VIEW. In the graphics table i have a name field(text) and a graphic field(container).

In the VIEW table i have a (text field)Name and the container field from graphics.

Name::view---Name::Graphics.

Now i have many tables holding different graphics for different proportion reaso. o they are overlapped in VIEW and work very well. However its a configrator im trying to set up so when i select my graphic in the name field i also have to slect wether it has an accessory.Now these are not in ther same table because thay are differnt sizes. When i select my fist graphic the accessory (which is the first graphic and the accessory together as one graphic)The first graphic is still there under my accessory.

THANKS

• 3. Re: ClearContainer field  if another is populated.
              philmodjunk

Since you are displaying images from a related table, clear the key field used to link to that image and the image will no longer appear on the layout.

• 4. Re: ClearContainer field  if another is populated.
                JessOttman

I need the descritption to be displayed as it is for a configurator. The overall description is crucial for the person who will be doing the actual assembly, so i cannot clear the text field.I think i may have to find another way of doing this

thanks for your help

• 5. Re: ClearContainer field  if another is populated.
                  philmodjunk

The description field shouldn't be used to link to your image record. You should make it a number field that links to your image records by putting a number in it that matches the serial number field you should be using in your image table as a primary ID. This number field need not be physically present on your layout in order for your script to use it to control what image appears on your layout.