3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2013 7:01 AM by philmodjunk

Clearing recrods from List view

LucienLandau

Title

Clearing recrods from List view

When navigating to list view and creating a new record via a script, what is the command to OMIT from the list view all other pre-existing records so that the only record you see is the one you just created

• 1. Re: Clearing recrods from List view
          schamblee

Records  are limited by your found set.  If you create a new record with a primary key field, then perform a find on the new primary key.

• 2. Re: Clearing recrods from List view
            LucienLandau

Thanks, makes sense. But when i went to Perform Find or Enter Find Mode, I was expecting to be able to do a find for last record but could not find an operator for that. Instead I selected Creation Date and had it find today's date which gave me what I wanted for the first record of the day but is not perfect for later on the same day because I will be printing checks from this layout and would like to have only the ones not yet printed visible even for the same day

Thanks

• 3. Re: Clearing recrods from List view
              philmodjunk

Have the script that creates the new record capture the value of a serial number field in a variable and then perform a find for it.

New Record/Request
                   Set Variable [$ID ; value: YourTable::IDField ]
                   Enter Find Mode [] --> clear the pause check box
                   Set Field [YourTable::IDField ; $ID]
                   Perform FInd[]

In a database that is not hosted over a network, this script also isolates the newly created record:

New Record/Request
                   Show All Records
                   Omit Records
                   Show Omitted Only

But in networked systems, there's a small chance that another user could create a new record in the same table just before the show omitted step executes and then you get two records instead of one.