8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2012 9:47 AM by HelderSantos

clicking on image or logo opens application?

HelderSantos

Title

clicking on image or logo opens application?

How do I open my application through the company logo? I want to create a small image of the company logo and when clicked on, opens direct application

• 1. Re: clicking on image or logo opens application?
          symbister

Hi Helder

OK, you need to setup the Button to 'Send Event' (it's the third last option under Miscellaneous), then Specify the Application in the resulting dialogue box.

In Layout mode, select the button, go to the top menu item Format, then Button Setup,which will display a dialogue box of options to initiate when that button is clicked. Note that almost any element on your layout can be clicked like a button - logo, text etc. does not need to be a 'real' button.

The Send Event options box has a multitude of parameters to select what you open, how you open it, opening a particular document etc..

• 2. Re: clicking on image or logo opens application?
            HelderSantos

I am running it from my server, can i do it from remotly? because i cant see my DB-FM

• 3. Re: clicking on image or logo opens application?
              philmodjunk

Assuming that by "application" you mean a FileMaker database  hosted by FileMaker server or FileMaker Pro, you can add a small database file to your desktop with a simple one line script:

Open File [//specfiy file on server here]

In file options you can select this script to run each time it opens. Thus double clicking the file's icon launches FileMaker and then opens the hosted file on your server. To set up this script step, Select "Add FileMaker Data Source" from the specify drop down. Then click "Remote" in the dialog that pops up, then select the hosted file to which you want to connect. If the hosted file is set up to be hidden from the open remote dialog, you can still select the server in Open remote, then add the file's name to the text that appears in the Network File Path box.

Once you have a file that works, you can use your Operating System to give it a different logo--such as your company logo. The exact steps for that depend on whether this is a Mac or Windows system.

• 4. Re: clicking on image or logo opens application?
                HelderSantos

can you explain well how do i do? a copy the FM database into my machinne, and i am trying to do it locally. when i set up Button 'Send Event' (under Miscellaneous), then to Specify the Application in the resulting dialogue box, it doesnt give me the option to select the application or image... :(

• 5. Re: clicking on image or logo opens application?
                  philmodjunk

What I am describing does not use Send Event and it does not require changing the hosted database file nor copying it to your local machine.

From the File Menu, select New Database.

Save this new database to your desktop.

No need to define any fields in any tables, just go to script manager and create a one line script step:

Open File

You'll see a Drop down labeled "Specify:" in the bottom right hand corner

Select Add FileMaker Datasource from it

In the open file dialog that appears, click the button titled Remote..

Select your server and database in this dialog. If the file is hidden from the dialog, but you can see the server, click the server's name and then type the name of the file at the end of the network path text that appears at the bottom. Click open to select the file for opening in this script.

Go to FIle OPtions and use this dialog to specify that this script run each time this new file is opened.

Now you can double click this opener file to open the database on the server.

• 6. Re: clicking on image or logo opens application?
                    HelderSantos

To open remote is working... 

all i can understand is that client cannot open FM Application "on server" clicking just on some defined "Icon" on them machine?

• 7. Re: clicking on image or logo opens application?
                      philmodjunk

By creating this small "opener file", you can get your "icon" on the desktop. The steps are different for Mac and Windows but you can take the opener file and use operating system options to give it the desired logo. When you double click this logo, it opens the local file, but then the script in it opens the hosted file on the server.

• 8. Re: clicking on image or logo opens application?
                        HelderSantos

uhaauuuuu... Obrigado - Thanks!