2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 2:35 PM by TuxfordC

Clone Mystery in FM Pro 9

TuxfordC

Title

Clone Mystery in FM Pro 9

I have been extending the capabilities of a school database by development work

on an sparsely populated copy while the original is being used. The program has several

main layouts, contacts, families, activies etc. selected by a group of buttons working

on the Radiobutton system - only one works at a time.

When I attempted to populate my improved copy I made a clone and then imported

records from the working original.I found that the clone had lost access to one of the

layouts - that for contacts. Button pushing from the home layout did nothing.  I repeated

this attempt twice more - still no access to the contacts layout when working with a clone. 

So, made a full copy of my development program and used the Records>Delete all Records

action to delete all the records in the main layouts. Effectively making a clone the slow way.

This time I could populate the contacts with records by importing.

Has anyone else struck this?

Thanks,

TuxfordC

• 1. Re: Clone Mystery in FM Pro 9
          mrvodka
             Try saving the copy as compact first and then try cloning the copy.
          • 2. Re: Clone Mystery in FM Pro 9
            TuxfordC

Thanks for the suggestion mr_vodka, I tried that but results exactly the same.  However, I have fixed the problem

but not really solved it.  A navigation script that  was activated by the go to Contacts button, contained a calculation

to find the appropriate Layout.  This script works fine in the original and in the compact copy but fails in the

clones.  I have therefore removed the calculation and inserted the name of the Contacts Layout.

It now works properly, although I still wonder why cloning loses the plot?

Cheers,

TuxfordC