1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 27, 2013 9:38 AM by philmodjunk

Clones, Copies and Script

woodworker

Title

Clones, Copies and Script

I have an FMP12 database file (on Mac OS 10.6.8) in which I have created a script.  IT WORKS.  When I Save a Copy - Clone and import data from an uninvolved file, the script DOES NOT WORK.  As a work-a-round of the Copy As function, when I close the file and make a duplicate using the OS function, the script also DOES NOT WORK.  When I go back to the original file is still works.

The script is a fairly simple one involving the substitute function.  No global fields; no variables; no loops yet; operates only on the selected record and field.

Thoughts?

• 1. Re: Clones, Copies and Script
          philmodjunk

We need to see the exact script:

To post a script to the forum:

1.           You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          3.           You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here. (with this approach, you can get multiple script steps on the same line, please edit the pasted text by inserting some returns to separate those steps.)
          5.           If You have FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          7.           If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format.