2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2014 6:36 AM by philmodjunk

cnstant script

ryandunne_1

Title

cnstant script

hi been looking for a while

is there any possible way i can have 2 scripts run at the same time basicly my dilema is

i have csv's automatically dowloaded from an email into a folder these download at different time it can be every second or once a minute etc so i made this

Loop
           Set Variable [ $temp; Value:
           CheckWhetherFileExists( "fielurl" ) ]
           If [ $temp = 1 ]
           Import Records [ ]
           End If
           End Loop

only problem is i need that to be doing what it does and also run other scripts how do i possibly do this ?

• 1. Re: cnstant script
          ryandunne_1

ok if i had 2 versions of filemaker running one doing the permanenent import by looping if i was to put and install on timer script will that stop the loop and run the other script when the time comes or will it conflict

• 2. Re: cnstant script
            philmodjunk

Try This: Set your above script up without the loop. Set up a second script with Install OnTimer Script to run your script on a regular interval. In between times, your other scripts will run normally and when the timer runs down and it performs the next import script run, FileMaker will wait to run it until any current scripts complete.

I use that method to save periodic, timestamped copies of my database during development.