1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2014 6:09 AM by philmodjunk

Collecting Data in a numbered list based on field entries

BekkaFavelle

Title

Collecting Data in a numbered list based on field entries

So, I thought I could puzzle this one out on my own but not having any luck.

What I'd like to be able to do, if possible, is have the user select one or more options (text), and then display those options in a numbered list based on the number of selections made.

Ie.

Text 1, Text 2, Text 3, Text 4, Text 5 are available options. User selects Text 1, Text 4, Text 5. I now need to display those in an ordered/numbered list as follows:

1) Text 1
           2) Text 4
           3) Text 5

If this is possible to do, how would I go about setting this up?

• 1. Re: Collecting Data in a numbered list based on field entries
          philmodjunk

Why not make Text 1, Text 4 and Text 5 check box values?

Or display the Different text as rows in a portal with the field set up as a button. Clicking a button generates a new record in a related table with that text--which in turn displays the selected value in a 2nd portal. The records will number automatically as they are created--either with a value in a field or just as a layout object that displays the portal row number.

And even simpler as it requires no scripting: Just set up a portal with a text field with value list of these values. The user just selects a different value from a drop down list for each row of the portal until they have selected all desired values--much like selecting products on an invoice solution.