3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 20, 2009 8:18 AM by etripoli

Color coding in table view based on status

b4farmer

Title

Color coding in table view based on status

I'm wondering if I can color code (across all fields of a record) in table view and have that triggered by a drop down window called "Contract Status"? So, when a contract is sent it's one color, contract pending, another color, contract confirmed/signed another color... This seems like it would be an "if" clause, but I have no idea where to even begin or if this is possible. And, if this is possible, is there a way to limit it to strictly the table view? All my attempts have only succeeded in coloring columns vertically. 

• 1. Re: Color coding in table view based on status
          etripoli
             Select all the fields in the body of the layout, go to Conditional Formatting, and specify your criteria.  If I remember correctly, FM applies the fomatting of the last matching condition.
          • 2. Re: Color coding in table view based on status
            b4farmer
               Thanks for the suggestion. I think you're on to something here. It is only applying the conditional formatting on the field that triggers however not the entire record. I tried it both under the contract status and then again under simply today's date. It would either highlight contract status or the date. Do you know if FM sees all the element of a drop down menu as simply 0 or greater than zero? I have about 6 options in my drop down and wanted each to trigger a different color. When I thought I had the script figured out it would only apply the color of the highest number.
            • 3. Re: Color coding in table view based on status
              etripoli
                 Conditional formatting doesn't have to use the current field's contents to be applied.  You can choose 'Formula is', then create a calculation that evaluates to true or false.  Plus, if you select all the fields in the body of your layout, the calculation you setup will be applied to all of them.