2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 5:46 PM by quantm_1

COLOR LASER PRINTING PROBLEM

ocmrbill

Title

COLOR LASER PRINTING PROBLEM

Some of my Layouts "will not" print in color while other Layouts do print in color.  How do I get the Layouts not printing in color to print in color?  I am having this problem only with Filemaker Pro 9 as all other programs print in color.  I am using a Xerox Phaser 6300 on an HP Pavillion running Vista Ultimate.  Is this a Filemaker problem or a Vista problem? I did not have this problem when running Windows XP. 

• 1. Re: COLOR LASER PRINTING PROBLEM
          TSGal

ocmrbill:

Thank you for your post.

No color printing problems have been reported.

Since this worked for you under Windows XP, do you know if your printer driver is certified to work with Vista?  We do not have a Xerox Phaser 6300 here to try, so any additional information you can supply may help others encountering the same difficulties.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: COLOR LASER PRINTING PROBLEM
            quantm_1

I've had the same thing happen.  At the time, (probably around the time of the initial post)  I had the same thing happen using FMP ~(7 or 8) Advanced or whatever was out at the time, Windows XP Pro on an HP Compaq printing to a Xerox Phaser 6250. If I started a new solution from scratch (even importing everything from the "problem solution" it would print in color again) but I could never figure out what I had done just prior to losing the color.  Today, I've had the same thing happen again.  Using FMP11 Advanced on a Lenovo ThinkCentre but using the same Xerox Phaser 6250.  Only this time, just prior to this, I had scripted some buttons to automatically print a couple of layouts.  This time I tried deleting all the scripts that mentioned anything about printing but it did not restore the ability to print. Not quite sure how to proceed...I've had several years to think about.  I should mention it only happened in one solution right now, but I am not going to touch any other one without making a backup first.

quantm