4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2014 6:36 AM by philmodjunk

Combine Values

danrowe

Title

Combine Values

Hi,

I am trying to combine all the values from a table field to one field in a separate table or a global field any help would be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Combine Values
          schamblee

Your new combined field would be a calculation field of the fields you  want to combined:

Sample Calculation to combine fields:

Field1 &" "& field2 & " " & field3

Note " " is adding a space in between each field, so if a space is not needed then you can leave off " " &

• 2. Re: Combine Values
            philmodjunk

I suggest providing an example of what you want. There are a great many different ways to combine data from a great many different table designs.

• 3. Re: Combine Values
              danrowe

Hi

Sorry I haven't explained very well above, what I am trying to do is duplicate all the text values in a table field to a single field separated by coma's. Hope this makes sense.

Example

Table values

Adam

Daniel

Rob

I then want to combine them into a single field

Adam, Daniel, Rob                                                       

• 4. Re: Combine Values
                philmodjunk

And are these all from records in the same table as the field where you want to combine them or are they from a related table?

If from a related table, you can do this:

Substitute ( List ( RelatedTable::Field ) ; ¶ ; ", " )

There are also ways to use ExecuteSQL to generate such a list (from any table in your file and using a WHERE clause to specify which records supply values to the list) by specifying a comma as the record separator.