AnsweredAssumed Answered

Combining same products by product number and adding their quantities in a Portal

Question asked by okrampane on Jul 7, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 8, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Combining same products by product number and adding their quantities in a Portal

Hi,

I am trying to make something that will help me make invoices automatically based on selected delivery notes.

I have a range of 50+ products, which i deliver to one company each day. Each day i write a delivery note by hand, where i put on the product ID, product name and delivered quantity. I have now successfully put all my products in filemaker and am now able to write these notes in filemaker.

Here comes the tricky part. Every month i have to make an invoice in which i include all of the product delivered in the last month. I have made a checkbox where i mark from which delivery notes i want the data to be collected and shown on my invoice. But as you can see, when i delivered the same product more than once in the past month, filemaker shows more than one record of it. I want it to combine same products in one row and just add together their total quantity.

so if i have

Product A   100 pieces
     Product B     50 pieces
     Product A      20 pieces

i want filemaker to show

Product A   120 pieces
     Product B   50 pieces

I really hope you can help, i have been trying to resolve this problem for a week now. I have searched google a million times but no success.

Screen_Shot_2013-07-07_at_17.08.14.png

Outcomes