3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2010 1:38 PM by philmodjunk

Combining text formatting functions

jconner99

Title

Combining text formatting functions

I am creating a calculation that will populate a field. I want one of the possibilities to format the text by changing color and style. For example, If A: TEXT1, If B TEXT 2. How do I combine multiple text formatting for the same text?

• 1. Re: Combining text formatting functions
          philmodjunk

In your example you want the text to be both red and bold if the "B" condition is true?

You can select a text style and a text color for the same conditional format.

Let's say you want the text red and bold if the value of the field is negative:

Self < 0

Might be your condition Then you'd select the Red text color, and then you'd click the check box for a bold text style.

If you want a different color for the "A" condition, simply add another conditional format for that condition and select styles for it.

• 2. Re: Combining text formatting functions
            jconner99

I thinks that's what I am trying to do. Let me explain my specific issue in more detail. I have a a table that tracks the terms of a contract. One field calculates the number of days left in the term. Another field calculated a text based on the value of the first. I am using an If function and have written it like this

If(Time Remaining =<0;"Lapsed";"Active")

I want the word lapsed to be red and bold. i tried using TextColor(text;RGB(red;green;blue)) & TextStyleAdd(text;styles) together. That produced the word in bold and red but twice (looked like this: LapsedLapsed). I want Lapsed.

• 3. Re: Combining text formatting functions
              philmodjunk

If you always want the red text on multiple layouts, I'd rewrite your calculation as:

TextStyleAdd(TextColor(text;RGB(red;green;blue)) ; styles)

If it's just one or certain layouts where I want the bold red, I'd set up a conditional format:

self < 0

and select the bold and red conditional format options.