2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2010 11:38 AM by misterg65

Combining two layouts to make a summary one

misterg65

Title

Combining two layouts to make a summary one

I have two layouts for exam results and want to combine them into one. They have the same fields (name, number, exam mark etc), but were sent to me in two files as they are at different levels (Foundation and Higher). I want to combine them now. I could just export to Excel and combine them there, but this seems a waste.

Is what I'm after even possible?

Thanks in advance

--

Mark

... who is slightly less on a newbie than he was a few days ago!

• 1. Re: Combining two layouts to make a summary one
          philmodjunk

How are your tables set up? Is the data from the to layouts in the same table or different tables?

It looks like you could do this if you carefully merge your data into the same table so that the two "levels" are represented by two different records in the same table. I can't say much more without kowing a lot more about how you've set up your database. It may well be that you need several more tables than you have right now linked in relationships to bring together the report you want.

• 2. Re: Combining two layouts to make a summary one
            misterg65

They are in different tables, and pull in data from many others. I seem to have made some headway by simply importing one table into the other via the "import files" option. Perhaps not the best way but all 142 unique values now appear in the one table