AnsweredAssumed Answered

Committing invoice to order form

Question asked by one9lbhammer on Dec 17, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2009 by one9lbhammer

Title

Committing invoice to order form

Filemaker 10.

Mac OSX.

I run a t-shirt business and am setting up a database to keep better track of my invoices.  I have all of the relationships working correctly, thus far, between customers, products, and invoices.  I am trying to create a button to commit each invoice record to a daily order form upon sale, as we do a large number of quotes from the same invoice form.  I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.  

I have tried sharing through a portal, and I've tried writing a script that sends the data from the portal on the invoice to a portal on the order form to no avail.  I can get the same script to work on a button from two fields on the invoice, but not between the invoice and the order form.

I currently have a one to many relationship from order form to invoice with creation of files allowed on the order form from the invoice. 

Any help would be much appreciated as this is one of the last things I need to figure out before I can get my boss to commit to buying Filemaker, I'm on the trial version now. 

Outcomes