3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2008 6:54 AM by TSGal

Company name

tank_1

Title

Company name & logo in BPS

I'm new to filemaker & database software in general.

I have the Business Productivity Solution downloaded from the filemaker website.

When I print an invoice it just says "Company Name and Logo" at the top of the page.  Where do I enter that information so it shows up on the invoice?

• 1. Re: Company name & logo in BPS
          TSGal

tank:

Thank you for your post.

Go into Layout Mode, and you'll see the area that displays "Company Name and Logo".  You can remove this and place your own Company Name and/or Logo to replace it.  If you have a logo in a file, go into Layout Mode, pull down the Insert menu and select "Picture".  You can then select your image and place it where you want on the layout.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Company name & logo in BPS
            tank_1

TSGal,

Thanks for the response.

I wasn't specific enough in my post.  I can't figure out how to get my company name on the invoice that pops up when I hit the "print invoice" button in the Sales Orders window.  Do you know how to to that?  

• 3. Re: Company name & logo in BPS
              TSGal

tank:

The button probably calls a script.  Go into Layout mode, click on the button, pull down the Format menu and select "Button Setup..."

On the left side, most likely "Perform Script" is highlighted.  On the right side, click "Specify" to see which Script is being performed.  Write that down.

Click "Cancel" twice to return to Layout mode.  Pull down the Scripts menu and select "ScriptMaker".  Scroll down to the script that is being called by the button, and double-click on it.  One of the first couple of commands will say "Go to Layout [<layout name>].  That is the layout you want to change.  Therefore, cancel out of this, and on the top left side of the screen, you will see "Layout" with a pop-up just below it.  Click on the pop-up and select the appropriate layout.  You can then follow the instructions in the previous post to change the logo and/or company name.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.