AnsweredAssumed Answered

Compare a Serial# field between two files and omit records that have a matching serial

Question asked by GabeDiaz on Sep 16, 2011
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Compare a Serial# field between two files and omit records that have a matching serial

Hello! Thank you all so much with all the help you have provided me so far. I very much appreciate it!

I have another problem. Please feel free to point me to a guide or other thread if this has already been answered.

I have two files we will call "File Database.fp7" and "File.fp7".

File Database sits on a MacMini and acts as a database. File is loaded onto an iPad and data is collected.

I can not use remotely hosted file as I do not have a reliable wireless siganl. What I want to do is after data is collected using the iPad. I want to drop File.fp7 in the folder with File Database.fp7 and run a script that will compare the serial numbers of all the records in both databases and return the results of records in File.fp7 that do not have an identical Serial# in File Database.fp7. Once I can accomplish this, then I can import the remaining unique records.

I know I can use a method of setting a field that calculates Get ( ApplicationVersion ) and then replaces on import but I do not not want to do this as it requires me to load the file back onto the iPad, which is a step I would like to avoid.

Please let me know if anything is unclear or you have a question and thank you all I very much appreciate the help.

Outcomes