AnsweredAssumed Answered

Compare and Analyse Values Day by Day

Question asked by teganthomas on Mar 17, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 17, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Compare and Analyse Values Day by Day

I need to be able to compare the Gain or Loss in weight (kgs) in a discreet population, each day, over a period that will always be at least 8 weeks but could be up to 26 weeks (occasionally longer).
I have a table of Individuals and a related table of Weights and use a List Layout to collect the Weights each day.
So far so good but….

I need calculated fields in each day’s record for each Individual that shows the;

Actual Gain or Loss since the last weighing
Percentage Gained  or Lost since the last weighing
Percentage Gained or Lost since  birth
Date of Birth is the same value for all individuals in the population and is held as a record on the Population table

I am collecting the data in Numbers at the moment which is very easy but messy and of limited use in analysing the development of the population and comparing it to other similar populations.
The population consists of 9 individuals at current time and that cannot increase (although it could potentially decrease)
Populations could consist of up to 14 individuals or as few as 1 although both these extremes are rare.
Populations will always be discreet.

I can’t work out a means to get FMP to find the most recent previous record so that I can compare it with the current day’s record.

Finally I want to use conditional formatting to indicate potential problems - but I think I can sort that out if I can crack the issue of getting a reference to the latest previous record.

I should add that the previous record will almost always be from the day before, it would be ideal but not essential to refer to that latest previous record but I would be happy if it was just the day before’s record.

I am using FMP Pro 13 Advanced although I am certainly not an advanced user!

Screen_Shot_2015-03-17_at_11.18.38.png

Outcomes