Do both the AccountName and HR_Date::Account field have the same spelling of Renée?
Yes, that's what puzzles me ...
I tried the script below (FMP 9.03 mac) and it works fine with the account names:
This doesn't help too much. At least we know it works on another computer and quotation marks are not necessary. Surprisingly, Renée and Renee were interchangeable.
If[table::Account ≠ Get(AccountName)]
Ok, thanks. Other users work OK, so not sure what is happening.
I dumped the Account data to Excel, and don't see any non-display characters.
Possible there's a problem in the actual account. I don't think I can dump that
other than to maybe create a script to disply that and run it from her login.
I thought about deleting and re-creating her account, but am hesitant to do so.
I removed the emphasis mark and that was enough that she couldn't log back in.
Something else going on, because i added it back in and she logged in just fine.