AnsweredAssumed Answered

Compare Portal Records

Question asked by AjEGfmTech on Feb 18, 2014
Latest reply on Feb 21, 2014 by AjEGfmTech

Title

Compare Portal Records

I have a layout with two related, filtered portals. I would like to conditionally format the fields in one of the portals based on a comparison between the two records of the filter. The problem is, I don't know how to target the field in portal 1 from the conditional formatting of the field in portal 2.

Example.

Two tables, 'Stores' and 'Prices', one-to-many (each store can have many price lists).

Layout is in context of Stores and shows a Store record.

Portal 1: from Prices table, filtered by PriceStatus = "previous" and shows several price fields.

Portal 2: from Prices table, filtered by PriceStatus = "current" and shows several price fields.

I would like to conditionally format the price field in 'Portal 2' if the price does not equal the same price field in 'Portal 1'. I have been playing with the calculation in the conditional formatting, but I cannot figure out how to target the specific record in 'Portal 1'.

I had tried...

Prices::PriceStatus = "previous" and Self ≠ Self

AND

Prices::PriceStatus = "previous" and Prices::Item_Sandwich ≠ Self

Neither of these have worked. This seems like it should be pretty straight forward, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Does anyone have an idea?

Outcomes