3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 18, 2014 1:36 PM by AjEGfmTech

Compare Record Results

ZoocMan85

Title

Compare Record Results

Hey Everyone,

Quick question. I have a filemaker solution that can screen clients. Some clients have multiple screening records under their file. I want to be able to compare both records side by side. Here is a screen shot of a portal table on their record. It gives the user the capability to select which past record they want to view... however... how can i give users the capability to compare both these records ? The CID means Client ID. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Capture.PNG

• 1. Re: Compare Record Results
          ZoocMan85

Or another idea would be.... Can filemaker scan the fields on both records and just populate in a portal window the changes? It wouldnt be necessary to look at the questions that were answered the same on both. 

• 2. Re: Compare Record Results
            philmodjunk

You can set up a list view where the fields from Record 1 are on top and the fields in record two are listed below. It's even possible to set up controls with your portal so that the user can select which two appear on the next layout by clicking controls in the portal row to select, then clicking a button to view the two selected.

You can also use two filtered portals located side by side. Portals need not have narrow row, table like views as shown in your screen shot, by resizing the portal row and specifying a single or small number of rows you can set up what looks like a "mini form" view of the data.

With two reocrds displayed on a list view or  in side by side portals, it's possible you could set up conditional format expressions that compare the current record's field to the 2nd record's corresponding field and specify a text or fill color change if they are not equal.

• 3. Re: Compare Record Results
              AjEGfmTech

With two reocrds displayed on a list view or  in side by side portals, it's possible you could set up conditional format expressions that compare the current record's field to the 2nd record's corresponding field and specify a text or fill color change if they are not equal.

Hello. I found this post from a couple of years ago and am wondering how to do what PhilModJunk describes above. I would like to conditionally format a portal with side by side records based on if they are not equal.