AnsweredAssumed Answered

Comparing data of several years in one graph

Question asked by PecCars on Feb 7, 2011
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2013 by FredrikWallenberg5579

Title

Comparing data of several years in one graph

I am migrating an MS Access 2003 app to FM Pro 11. A substantial portion of the app are graphs that compare data over several years based on a date field Inquiry::InquiryDate.

Basically it will compare the count of records based in Inquiry::InquiryDate by month for 3 years on a rolling basis (see uploaded screen shot here: http://cl.ly/1F1r1r2h3R0Z1y070S1C). In MS Access all I need to do is create an on-the-fly calculated field for year, have the counts at the vertical axis, months at the horizontal axis and via 3D clustered column select 3 years per month entry.

So far I found out the following for FM:

- In FM I will create a calculated field in Inquiry so that it calculates the first day of the month, I will also need to create another calculated field for the year.

- I assume that on-the-fly calculated fields are not possible in FM as opposed to adding them as calculated fields to a table, so I will need to add more fields to the Inquiry table (lots of clutter considering that this goes on for several date fields additional to .

With this I could generate the graph by month for one single year. Now how to we show several years in the same graph (not stacked but side-by-side).

- As far as I understand FM does not offer a side by side bar chart. How would I compare monthly data for several years in one single chart ?

Any ideas how to do this in FM Pro 11 ?

Graph_stats_using_a_date_field_in_MS_Access.JPG

Outcomes